கிராம்பு / லவங்கம் (Tamil) – CLOVE(English) – LONG / LAVANG(Hindi)
Clove – Smaller is size but greater in aromatic and spice. Another remarkable spice in our food varieties. All our food which needs masala, clove will be present in that. Unavoidable spice of our indian foods. We can also say clove is an important spice for cooking and adding flavor to meats, curries, and meat marinades. They are also used to create sweet dishes with fruits like apples or pears. The apple pie is one of the important one which needs clove and cinnamon to prepare.
Some Medicinal facts about CLOVES (Source:Wikipedia.org)
- Clove oil is used as an anodyne for dental emergencies and also applied to a cavity in a decayed tooth, relieves toothache.
- The essential oil is used in aromatherapy when stimulation and warming are needed, especially for digestive problems.
- Cloves may be used internally as a tea and topically as an oil for hypotonic muscles, including for multiple sclerosis.
- Clove may reduce blood sugar levels.
- Clove oil is used in preparation of some toothpastes, laxative pills and Clovacaine solution which is a local anesthetic and used in oral ulceration and anti-inflammations.